
Anyway, I heard that someone beside me, the other judges, and my sister have read this so I figured I better at least put on the places where we've already been. I don't know when entries after that will be posted since it's much harder now to get the judges together but hopefully we'll still find some time to stuff our faces.
A little note from me. You may notice some peculiar capitalization in the name of this place. I did not make an error, this is how it's done all over their website. I must say it's sort of cute but also unnecessary. I would have preferred all lower case instead. Just sayin'. Also, the comment colors are a bit off because to coordinate them with the graph colors made them too hard to read. I'm sure you can still figure out who said what.
16. sugar Sweet sunshine
126 Rivington Street
July 16, 2008
$1.50 each


Cake
dense and moist
soft and just enough
impressive stand-alone consistency and flavor
eh
Frosting
like many others but lighter and less cloyingly sweet
reminiscent of ice cream
little bit of almond extract goes a long way…way too long
absolutely delicious, nutty-salty
Presentation
home made look
dense and moist
soft and just enough
impressive stand-alone consistency and flavor
eh
Frosting
like many others but lighter and less cloyingly sweet
reminiscent of ice cream
little bit of almond extract goes a long way…way too long
absolutely delicious, nutty-salty
Presentation
home made look
Barbie birthday pink
demure
demure
charming
Overall Enjoyment
after such a long break, a good reminder of why we started
affordable, enjoyable, funable and many other ables
thank god for American capitalism
Overall Enjoyment
after such a long break, a good reminder of why we started
affordable, enjoyable, funable and many other ables
thank god for American capitalism
just right
The Scene
The Scene
Pleasantly close to a subway stop, particularly in a relatively inaccessible neighborhood (for us anyway). No spectacular discernability, I probably would have walked by if it weren’t for the sandwich board outside. The inside was claustrophobic, narrow, short-ceilinged and dark, like an Amsterdam “coffee” house, only with “joy”-infused cupcakes. The employees were pleasant enough, mostly business but still helpful.
No comments:
Post a Comment