
We went here quite a while ago. The problem was that we forgot to take a picture of the cupcakes we ate and I refused to post an entry until I had one. There were quite a few days when I had enough time to run up and buy another cupcake and take a picture but I usually ended up going home and taking a nap. That always seemed more important that a cupcake picture. I know, blasphemy!
Have you noticed that sometimes our judging opinions are drastically different from one another? Part of it is just our taste but another part is that we often eat different cupcakes, as was the case this time. It's strange how a bakery's rating can completely change when comparing chocolate to vanilla cupcakes. You'll just have to deal with the discrepancies.
12. 2 Little Red Hens
1652 2nd Avenue
November 4, 2007
$2.75 each


Comments on Cake
-tasty
-good consistency
-dense, flashback to Cupcake Café
-ingredient proportions were weird, too buttery
-nicely moist
on Frosting
-like the chocolate glaze for a Boston Cream Pie
-dully piped
-chocolaty and rich, good flavor
-good and chocolaty
-scarily stiff and resilient
-tasted like it was made with bathwater
on Presentation
-overwhelmingly large
-gaspingly cute
-colorful round sprinkles that popped!
-looked lovely if a bit too perfect and plastic
-points off for the couple weird bits of hair-like particles in the icing
on Overall Enjoyment
-too big, more like a dessert that a snack
-good flavors of cake and frosting that melded well
-satisfying but not eager to eat any more
-more exciting to look at than eat
-please sir, I don't want any more
on The Scene
This store is teeny-tiny but cutie-patootie. It has one or two small tables squashed right next to each other and two large glass display cases and that's it. But definitely a nice feel , on the verge of being quaint but not quite there. Though it took them a few minutes to acknowledge my presence (and there was nly one other person in there, who had already ordered) the staff was pretty friendly. They became nicer when I explained why I was ther ebut there was an underlying feel of sleepiness. They had a good selection with some cupcakes that had pudding in them, which sounded exciting.
Tara and I did share a Blackout cupcake, which had chocolate pudding inside. It was yummy.
No comments:
Post a Comment