We heard, through various news stories, that Buttercup is suing this shop on the grounds that it stole Buttercup's store identity or some shit like that. We thought that was so ridiculous that we specifically went out of our way to support this shop. I'm talkin' 'bout...
September 17, 2007
$1.75 each
comments on Cake
-bordering on too sweet
-a little dry but still good; where's the moist cupcake of my dreams?
-moist
-fun to dig into, like biting into a cupcake pillow
-too dry
-good consistency and chocolate flavor
-a little dry, crumbled onto the floor but the parts that made it in were tasty
on Frosting
-tasted like cake frosting from childhood (homemade, not store bought)
-needs more butter and less sugar
-really sweet, made my teeth hurt but I liked the pain
-great, great frosting
-frosting should come in a healthy dollop and be oppressively sweet, butter and crunchy; this delivers
on Presentation
-bright pastel colors, nicely swirled frosting
-good size
-cute and enjoyable, like I would enjoy them
-so cute with vivid colors
-special decorations were adorable
-lovely, handmade touch
-traveled well
on Overall Enjoyment
-satisfying
-made me really want a fresh one (which I had and also found satisfying)
-I did enjoy them, a lot
-except for the dryness it completely fulfilled my dark desire for a chocolaty cupcake
-rivals Magnolia
-the fact that they offer so many different flavors and genres of cupcakes is really, really exciting
on The Scene
I was glad to spend my money there. I want to go back and spend more money on more cupcakes. The outside was cute and the inside matched completely. There was seating to enjoy your cupcake with a cup of tea inside or outside. The staff was helpful, polite and made me feel happily welcome. The even personally made a cupcake for my brother when he didn't want any of the selections. They had so many kinds of cupcakes I took forever deciding but the staff waited patiently. I wanted to buy the lot even thought I knew they'd make me sick. I didn't notice the price listed anywhere but then again I wasn't looking for it; I already knew I was going to buy. This place is relatively new; I hope they keep their helpfulness as their popularity grows.
When I went back I bought a cookie dough cupcake for myself, which I didn't include in the judging since no specialty cupcakes are allowed. But let me tell you, that one was moist. They need to find some way of making their other cupcakes just as moist without just putting cookie dough in them. If the other cupcakes were just as moist they would be so so good, if a little too sweet.
Can you tell I've run out of colors?


2 comments:
OMG...even though I ate a large piece of fudge last night, just reading this post makes me wanna have a cupcake right now!
I think you need to go back and re-evaluate this place. I have been there so many times and it's a hit or miss type of place. I have had moist cake and I have had some of the worst! We went and got 2 dozen for my birthday last year and threw the whole box out (though I admit I licked a lot of the buttercream frosting off). Most of the time they taste at least a week old.
I will give them credit on the buttercream frosting.. It's amazing!
Post a Comment