8. Little Pie Company
424 West 43rd Street
September 30, 2007
$2.50 each


comments on Cake
-finally a moist cupcake!!
-but where's the cocoa?
-like a yummy pillow
-what's lacking in chocolate it makes up for in a perfectly cooked cake
-moist and fluffy
on Frosting
-whoopee pie frosting: shortening and sugar
-weird, weird taste
-bad aftertaste of oily sugar
-prefer buttercream
on Presentation
-booooooring, who couldn't do that?
-the amount of frosting is misleading (there's not much on top but an extra shot in the center)
-looks questionable, like a Twinkie
-again with the jimmies! what's up with that?
-unremarkable
-shot of frosting kept leaking out of the bottom
on Overall Enjoyment
-reminiscent of childhood whoopee pies but too fucking big
-good but way more than enough
-too big
-eh
on The Scene
There wasn't much joy in the store when I walked in. Of course, it was also a dreary, late morning Sunday. What's nice about this place is that the entire bakery is right in view and oftentimes when you walk by you can smell the pies baking. The cupcake selection was pretty limited and when I asked for vanilla cupcakes they didn't offer me a choice between strawberry or vanilla frosting, they just grabbed whatever. I had assumed that since they didn't say anything the pink frosting was that way only because of food coloring, not to indicate any sort of flavor difference. How wrong I was. I think I'll stick to this place for pies.
No comments:
Post a Comment