Saturday, October 20, 2007

round 9

I was skeptical of this place at first. Two friends had brought me some sample cupcakes from here (although a different location) a while ago and I was unimpressed. And when I saw these I was still unimpressed. But I must say, the more I ate my cupcake the more I enjoyed it. Particularly the frosting. Instead of buttercream, it's ganache and I for one loved it. I thought it was a nice change from the super sweet buttercream we'd been having lately. But I can't recommend eating their other main offering at the same time. Eating both gave me a big ol' tummy ache. I would rather have just had the cupcake.

9. Burgers & Cupcakes
458 9th Avenue

October 7, 2007
$2 each





comments on Cake
-moist like an actual piece of cake
-fluffy enough to get a good bite in
-delightfully moist
-moist, fluffy and delicious

on Frosting
-yummy yummy yummy
-chocolaty and not too sweet, won't drive your dentist crazy
-nicely whipped but taste was not great
-waaay too chocolaty
-not as crunchy and buttercreamy as I would like but still very, very good

on Presentation
-disappointingly dull and seemingly small, someone else might say simple
-cute but not necessarily eye-catching
-unimpressive
-cute and still looked nice after traveling

on Overall Enjoyment
-a great snack
-paired with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream they would be awesome
-not the best, not the worst
-no warm, fuzzy, post-cupcake feeling
-the cake danced beautifully with the icing as its able partner
-didn't feel sick afterwards but happy instead, which is how eating should leave you

on The Scene
It took AN HOUR to have these cupcakes delivered! The store is only 7 blocks and 1 avenue away. Ridiculous. The staff answered the phone in short, clipped responses and was not friendly.

No comments: